Skip to main content

How Will You Be Remembered?


Imagine yourself coming into a church. You are walking down the aisle and to your left and right are people with grief written all over their faces. You can feel the sense of loss in the atmosphere. It’s a funeral service. And it’s just about to begin.

You walk to the casket and you come face to face with yourself. Really, it’s your funeral service forty, fifty or sixty years from now. And the people there are loved ones who have come to honour you and show appreciation to God for your life.

You take a seat and look through the program in your hand. Four people will speak about you; your colleague at work, your pastor, your child and your spouse. The question is, what will they say about you? Or what would you want them to say about you? What difference would you have made in their lives. Think deeply about this.

The answer to those questions will define the direction in which your life should go right now. It will clarify your values. It will re-organize your priorities. Some things that look so important will suddenly not seem to be the most important anymore. The answer to those questions will give you a clear sense of direction.

To die effectively, we must live effectively. And to live effectively is to fulfill God’s purpose for bringing us into this world. God has a purpose for each of us. That purpose is God’s yardstick for measuring our success.
ALSO READ: AMAZING STORIES IN AFRICA

The greatest tragedy in life is for one to die without having achieved God’s purpose for his or her life. I believe that the greatest question in life is; “WHY WAS I BORN?” And I am convinced that the greatest day of a man’s life is the day he discovers the answer to that question.

A life that is lived without fulfilling its God-ordained purpose therefore is a waste of time. Life without purpose is an experiment. But this life is too short for experiments.

Ask yourself these questions; “Why am I here? What difference am I supposed to make? What contributions am I supposed to make to my family, my society and this world?”

Your answers will determine how you will be remembered.

You will Succeed!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Arch Bishop Benson A. Idahosa. (A God's General The World Wil Never Forget.)

Nigeria is the home of several notable men of God, but I do believe that none has made such an international impact as the late Benson Andrew Idahosa affectionately called PAPA or BA by his followers. Idahosa was a Charismatic Pentecostal preacher, and founder of the Church of God Mission International with headquarters in Benin City, Nigeria. He was the first Pentecostal Archbishop in Nigeria, and is often referred to as the father of Pentecostalism and televangelism in Nigeria. Benson Andrew Idahosa was born in Edo State on September 11, 1938 of poor non-Christian parents in a predominantly non-Christian

NICK VUJICIC. (NO ARMS NO LEGS). AN INSPIRING STORY.

Hi Friend, My name is Nick Vujicic and I am thankful to have been born 30 years ago with no arms and no legs. I won’t pretend my life is easy, but through the love of my parents, loved ones, and faith in God, I have overcome my adversity and my life is now filled with joy and purpose. I reside now in California with my wife, Kanae, and we both love seeing people’s lives changed for the better or touched in some way. It is my hope that your life is positively impacted by my story. I was born and raised in Melbourne, Australia, and it was a shock to my parents that I arrived without limbs. There is no medical reason for it. My parents did their very best to keep me in the mainstream school system and give me every opportunity to live to the fullest. I was blessed to have a brother and a sister as my best friends too.

5 Powerful Lessons From David and Goliath.

David and Goliath dates back all the way from the 4th century. You know the story behind David and Goliath, right? Or at least how David took down Goliath regardless of him being such a giant, regardless of everybody being too terrified to challenge Goliath. There are 5 powerful life lessons from David and Goliath that you can learn from and they relate to almost ANY situation. Here are the 5 life lessons: 1. Be bigger than your fears Twice a day for 40 days Goliath would challenge the Israelite’s demanding a 1 on 1 battle. All the Israelite’s were as terrified as a Lions prey on the verge of death. None of them would dare to challenge Goliath. But after David heard about the reward for defeating Goliath, he accepted the challenge as if it were nothing but a child’s game.